Who does not love kitchen hacks? They make our life so much easier by helping us discover how we can use various kitchen items in different ways. Everything starts from a simple idea and with just a little imagination; a hack can make the difference in the kitchen.
Moreover, if you would ask any cooking expert, everyone loves how the cooking hacks help them see an object that seems ordinary in a totally different way. Actually, the definition that many give to a kitchen hack is that thing that makes their life easier. It does not even matter what tool or device it requires. As long as it makes their life easier, then that item can be considered a kitchen hack.
While looking for the most efficient kitchen hacks, check the list below and we are sure that you will be surprised about some of them.
Make Your Life Easier With Kitchen Hacks
- Hulling strawberries can be extremely easy. Have you ever wanted a strawberry huller? However, because we do not eat strawberries all the year, the acquisition is not most of the times justified. But when the need arises, there is one simple trick that will help you solve this problem. All you need to do is find a plastic drinking straw. You can start by pushing the plastic straw into the bottom and push it up towards the stem. All you need to do then is just push the straw out through the top. Have you ever imagined that it can be so easy?
- The dental floss will help you slice a cake. Do you love baking cakes but you do not like when you have to cut it and make a lot of crumbs? Now you can say good bye to the dirt made whenever you slice the cake. Just use your dental floss and you will slice your cake perfectly.
- Food storage can be extremely easy and fun. If you have a lot of veggies and fruits in your fridge but most of the times you do not see them, now there is a solution for this also. Put your celery and carrots in produce-saver bags or storage containers and you will see how easy it is to find your food now. What is more, you will keep them fresher for a longer period. How cool is that?
- Do you love cooking with garlic but you cannot keep it fresh? You do not need to invest too much money in containers or bags to make sure you can use your garlic for a longer period. You will just need a dollar store drawstring bag and you will see that your garlic will remain fresh and fragrant for a long time.
- Binder clips will find their place also in your kitchen. Forget about using clothes pins or giant bag clips to close the bags of cookies or chips. Have you ever thought that the binder clips can work just as well? They are smaller, take less space, and they have also another big advantage. They are more inexpensive.
- The paper towel can help you keep the salad greens fresh. Did we make you curious? Next time you prepare your salad in advance, just take 2 sheets from a Choose-A-Sheet roll and place them in a bowl keeping a shape of “X”. Put the salad greens on top and cover the bowl. You will see that the salad will not be wilting so fast and you will be able to prepare your favorite combinations in advance.
- Prepare the perfect boiled eggs. Easter is right at the corner and we need to prepare lots of boiled eggs. Now you can make the perfect boiled eggs if you cook them in the oven. Yes, you read right! You do not need boiling water to create delicious boiled eggs. After you bake them in the oven, you will just need a bowl of ice water and put them there. Try this method and you will be amazed!
- The perfect solution to preserve herbs is in olive oil. Stop! Do not think that we mean to put them in the olive oil and just keep them like this. Place the herbs and olive oil in the ice recipient and that’s it. Then whenever you need them, just take one cub of frozen oil with herbs and put it directly in the pan.
- Make your own baking mix with some simple ingredients. You just need 4 cups of plain flour combined with ¼ cup of sugar, ¼ cup of dry milk powder, 2 tablespoons baking powder, 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 tablespoon of salt. The results are guaranteed, believe us!
- You do not need to cut a lemon to get a small squeeze of juice. Try to insert a toothpick into the end of the lime or lemon and form a hole by twisting back and forth. As soon as you made the hole, remove the device and just squeeze the juice from the hole. One extra bonus you will receive is that you will not need to worry about the seeds.
In conclusion, your life can be easier with these simple kitchen hacks. The list is just opened with these top 10 and we are sure that in time you will complete it with many others that you will discover yourself. The idea is to keep it simple and you will see how everything will be very easy.