The day has only 24 hours and many of us would want to extend it as long as possible. Unfortunately, this is not possible and so we need to adapt to the conditions we face every day. One important part of our day is spent while eating or preparing food. All the daily commitments that we have, work, kids, studies, taking care of ourselves make the daily task of preparing the meal quite difficult.
This is why saving time in the kitchen has become extremely important nowadays. We need to cook delicious meals for our families, but we need to do it fast. On top of that, even though we are cutting the time spent in the kitchen, we need to keep a healthy balance in our diet and use only fresh ingredients. Is that really possible? We think yes! And this is why we are sharing with you 7 methods that will help you save more time in your kitchen.
Shorten Now The Time Spent In Your Kitchen!
- Use your leftovers wisely. What do you usually do when you have leftovers from lunch? You put them into the microwave and use them for dinner, right? This can save you some time, indeed, but your family will not be so happy with this alternative. What if you try to find a quick new recipe where you will use the leftovers? We bet that your family will be excited with this idea and it might be that they will not even notice that you used in fact the leftovers from the previous meal. You do not need to do something very complicated. Keep it simple and save time!
- Prepare ingredients for the days ahead. If you know that you will be preparing the meals for all the week and you use vegetables for creating some recipes, it would be better if you prepare them in advance. Take onion for example. If you chop it in advance for all the dishes you plan throughout the week and keep it in the fridge until you use it, your life would be easier. What do you think?
- Make soup your best friend. Do you think that soups take a lot of time to cook? Yes, you are right. But on the other hand, soups can be also cooked in huge quantities. What is more, you can freeze it and keep it for a longer period. A great idea for a quick and simple meal would be to serve a cup of pre-made soup together with a quick salad or grilled cheese and you solved the problem with the meals for the day.
- Being organized is the key. How many times did you search for some ingredients that you were sure you had them but you did not find them? We bet that these moments are quite often and it happens for most of us. This is why if you want to save time in your kitchen, it is important to be first of all very organized. Before you start preparing a recipe, organize all your ingredients and you will see that everything goes faster.
- Using frozen vegetables is fine. Of course, it is important to keep the proportion of fresh vegetables as much as possible, but it is also fine if you use frozen vegetables. This is an efficient method to save time when you are cooking. You can successfully freeze peas, corn, spinach, mushrooms, broccoli or cauliflower.
- Prepare your greens in advance. You do not need to spend a lot of money on pricey salad packs. You can wash and spin-dry the lettuce yourself and save time also. How is that possible? Just use some paper towels, put them in an “X” shape in a bowl and then put the greens over. You will see that the greens will stay fresh for a longer period and it will also save you time for the next recipes.
- One-pot recipes will save you a lot of time. If you want to reduce your effort and the time you spend in the kitchen, you can successfully try some one-pot recipes. There are plenty of recipes that enter in this category and will make your life easier.
In conclusion, by using these simple tips you will be able to save a lot of time in your kitchen. What is more, you will be able to cook every day and save some money also.